Health Plan Changes for 2018
The following health plan changes to the 2018 State Group Health Insurance program were approved by the Group Insurance Board on August 30, 2017.
The following health plans have elected not to participate in the program in 2018:
- Anthem Blue Preferred Northeast
- Arise Health Plan
- Health Tradition Health Plan
- Humana Eastern and Western
- UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin
Other Plan Changes
Network Health Northeast and Network Health Southeast will combine into Network Health to offer one coverage area. Participants were auto-enrolled in the new combined plan, Network Health, unless they took the option of selecting a different plan during the Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) period that ended Friday, October 27.
Gundersen Health Plan, Physicians Plus and Unity Health Insurance will be offered under the name Quartz. Participants of these plans were auto-enrolled in either Quartz-Community or Quartz-UW Health, unless they took the option of selecting a different plan during ABE.
WEA Trust will replace WPS as the new administrator of the Access Plan and the State Maintenance Plan (SMP) for 2018.
SMP will only be available in Florence county. SMP is not available in Bayfield, Buffalo, Forest, Iron, Marquette, Menominee and Pepin counties.
If you are currently enrolled in the SMP, and you live OUTSIDE of Florence county, you should have re-enroll in the SMP or selected a new health plan during ABE. If you are currently enrolled in the SMP, and you live IN Florence county you will continue to be enrolled in this plan unless you selected a new health plan during ABE.
Health Plans Being Offered in 2018
The Group Insurance Board approved the following health plan carriers to be available in 2018.
Health Plan and High Deductible Health Plan:
- Dean Health Insurance and Dean Health Insurance-Prevea360
- Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire
- Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- HealthPartners Health Plan
- Medical Associates Health Plans
- MercyCare Health Plans
- Network Health
- Security Health Plan – Central and Valley
- Quartz – Community and UW Health (formerly Gundersen, Physicians Plus and Unity)
- WEA Trust – East, Northwest Chippewa Valley and Mayo Clinic Health System
Access Plan, Access High Deductible Health Plan and State Maintenance Plan (SMP):
- WEA Trust
If you have questions, please contact your human resources office.
Source: UW System Human Resources